The Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office is proud to show our Pills to Heroin Presentation:
The Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office working with the County Pride Committee is dedicated to education and community outreach to reduce the heroin epidemic.
By law, the Prosecutor’s Office is responsible for the detection, investigation, arrest and conviction of criminals in Cape May County. As the chief law enforcement officer in the county, the Prosecutor works closely with the municipal police departments and state police to ensure the effective, efficient and uniform enforcement of the criminal laws and the administration of criminal justice throughout the county. After September 11, 2001, the Prosecutor’s Office has undertaken additional important duties in homeland security and counter terrorism.
The Prosecutor’s Office is committed to strengthen law enforcement relations with our citizens, enhancing the quality of life in the county and protecting the rights of crime victims to be treated with compassion, fairness and respect. I want to initiate educational and awareness programs to reduce crime, and domestic violence and bullying here in our county.
The Mission Statement of the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office is:
To Provide professional leadership and guidance through the coordination of law enforcement resources to safeguard and protect the citizens by detection, arrest, prosecution and conviction of criminal offenders.
In carrying out its mission, the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office is committed to our core values:
- Being responsive and accessible to the citizens of and visitors to the county; and
- Maintaining high standards of professional integrity;
- Treating all people fairly and objectively without regard to race, religion, gender or sexual orientation,
- Providing each municipality with additional resources when necessary for challenging investigations,
- Striving for excellence through the creative application of modern principals and technologies.